Then it’s time to “get hooked” with the nifty little fastener that replaces the pin! The Snappi® diaper fastener offers an easy and hygienic way to fasten diapers. The Snappi® fastener is much faster to use than pins and provide a nicely balanced secure fastening, which gives the nappy it is used on, a high degree of containment.
Snappi® gives a modern touch to baby care and will always be in demand as long as babies are born. It is made from a stretchable non-toxic material which is T-shaped with grips on each end. These grips inbed in the diaper fabric to ensure a snug-fitting diaper with enough natural movement for the baby. Snappi® is available in a range of bright and pastel colours.
HOW TO USE THE SNAPPI FASTENER
Snappi® fasteners must be used responsibly, and need to be used correctly in order to work effectively.
STRETCH the Snappi® fastener before its first use. The stretching triggers the ‘memory’ of the Snappi® to return to its original size, and in doing so, will pull the diaper to the middle to allow for a snug fit. It also makes it more pliable/elastic and therefore easier to use. This is essential for the Snappi® to work properly.
Stretch the Snappi® by holding it in the center with one hand and with your other hand, grab close to the end of one of the arms, avoiding the sharp teeth, and pull. Do not grab the Snappi® by the loops. Repeat this about 10 times for each arm. You will notice the material begin to soften up and become more elastic. Once you do this for each arm your Snappi® Diaper Fastener is ready for use!
- Snappi®s are not toys. Keep out of children’s reach when not in use!
- Replace your Snappi® if there is any physical damage or weak spots.
- Do NOT use a Snappi® on a child who is able to undo it or remove their diaper/diaper cover/clothing.
- Snappi®s should only be fastened by an adult.
- Use a cover over a Snappi® fastener.
- Do not leave your Snappi® in the sun for extended periods as this can eventually weaken the Snappi®.
Clean your Snappi® in hot soapy water. Do not launder with nappies in the washer as the grips could damage your nappies.
- Any tear in the Snappi® can lead to separation of a piece, presenting a possible choking hazard.
- Do not cut your Snappi® as this could create weak spots in your Snappi®.
- Do not pull on the loops of the Snappi® when attaching, as this can cause breakage. These loops serve as a safety feature only, as explained above. Use the flat, solid tabs for leverage.
- Inspect your Snappi® before each use. Discontinue use immediately if there is any sign of cracking, tearing, breakage or wear of any parts.
Please use a waterproof or cover over a Snappi® fastener
THIS PRODUCT IS NOT A TOY, AND SHOULD BE KEPT OUT OF CHILDREN'S REACH WHEN NOT IN USE. Pull the ring over the teeth of the fastener to avoid eager siblings getting pricked when the fastener is handled.